Whether your business is just starting out, about to sign a major contract, or facing an unwelcome lawsuit, a small amount of legal advice can go a long way towards ensuring success. The field of Business Law covers a large area of law, but generally most problems fall into one of three discrete categories:
- Starting or Creating a New Business;
- Negotiating Contracts for Your Business;
- Lawsuits and Litigation;
Starting or Creating a New Business
Starting or beginning your own business can be one of the most exciting times in your life. However, it is also a time full of questions. Certain steps need to be taken to ensure that your startup business venture can thrive and grow into a successful operation.
There are a variety of different business structures that can be created for any type of business. The San Francisco Bay Area business law office of Jones & Devoy can meet with you, and discuss all these structures and which one best suits your needs.
There are several basic structure types for your organization to choose from:
- Sole Proprietorship / Partnership: The rules regarding sole proprietorship and partnerships are very similar. This type of structure is ideally suited for… more
- Limited Liability Company (LLC): Limited Liability Companies have become increasing popular since their creation. To determine if you should file as a Limited Liability Company… more
- Corporation: Most people are familiar with the the idea of a corporate structure. However, a corporate structure can be very strict, and it must be… more
- Nonprofit and Charities: Tax exempt status under 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code gives nonprofit charities the ability to…
No matter what business structure you choose, the San Francisco based Bay Area business lawyers of Jones & Devoy are equipped to offer practical legal solutions for your business needs.